Saturday 26 November 2011

The Attack

In Mumbai city these days, front page news is d attacks on women by eveteasers.
I, a rida wearing, 40 plus woman never thought I'd ever have to face such a situation..

I was used to using the Metro subway, every morning on my walks. It is a maze like winding
sub most people get daunted by. For me it was just very convenient to use as i could avoid d very busy thoroughfare above by doing so. I was also very happy to note d presence of security persons in d very middle.
Dat fateful day, intent on my radio, i was racing along the subway..
I had just reached d security desk when...
He leaped at me brandishing what seemed like a tennis racket.
I'd always read of people being attacked by muggers, and even practised d various ways of blocking attacks.
Quickly, rida n all i leapt back ! Scream d manual had said, "Kreeeeeegah, Tarzan ! Bundolo! was  wat emerged from d vocal cords.. Hands rolled into fists, i flailed out, intending to grab the racket n land a blow on d mans private parts ( Dats where it hurts d most , d manual said)
The next thing i knew, d guy fled! As fast as his legs could carry him, he was disappearing frm sight! Pleased as punch wid myself i turned around...To find d second security fellow cowering n trembling before me..
 Bewildered i looked at him, slowly he backed away holding the electric fly swatter, in front of him..
I guess d laugh was on me...
My supposed attacker was just d poor harrassed security man who had just located  n was about to zap a pesky fly, wen i sailed out in front of him..  

1 comment:

  1. hahah..hilarious..trust you to brandish a fist! would have been fun if the guy had got one though!

    ReplyDelete