Friday 11 November 2011

How to make easy the hard task of bringin up a teen.

Initially i was a dumb mum..loud arguments flared whenever i wanted her to do d simplest of things..For example:
 The old me( pleadingly) "Baby, when will u have breakfast ?Its already 10"
She: " whenever ma, not now"
The e-me( e for enlightened): "Hi babe, come n have ur omelette, wid roti..
She: "No way, ma give me d cornflakes"
Me, happily: " coming up, sweety.." She hates eggs, u see.
The old me,in shocked dismay:" Dont tell me ur wearing dis old thing to college!"
She defiantly,"of course i am."
The e-me:"wow dat tee looks good !"
She, recoiling in horror,:" R u sure??? Im changing!"
The old me, despairingly, "When will u ever oil ur hair??"
She: "depends".
The e-me: My, ur hair needs a wash, looks greasy, no? "
She, doubtfully," yeah, does'n it. maybe i should oil it now n hav a bath later.
Nowadays, tho, she seems to have caught on,
She: " Ma, wen will u ever write ur blog??"
Me: " Wenever"
She: " Ma, d comps switched on, ur site is accessed, here's ur specs..
Me: "Oh, it is,huh.. okay...

No comments:

Post a Comment