Sunday 18 December 2011

Kolaveri di..? Don't !

That day i must have got out off the wrong side of my bed. That or just the hot, humid day and my creaky fan. The ceiling one. Breakfast passed off so so. The husband wisely keeping his counsel after seeing the burnt toast, when he raised his head from the papers and saw my grumpy face.

It was the milk that set me off. Simmering on the gas ring, after having boilt over. Unfortunately for her the maid was lounging by it smiling foolishly over a message on her cell. She fled for her life towards the community  tap to wash the utensils, my raging voice following her all the way.

That was the final straw for my teen who struggled out of her bed , poked her face out from the door and seeing me simmering was going to retreat hurriedly in when we all heard the crash.

The entire floor heard it. In fact i was told later that the security thinking that we'd been robbed, came charging up, brandishing his staff, assistant in tow. What had happened was that my maid in a bizzarre transferance of rage, had picked up a fight of her own. At which stage a pitched battle erupted between all the maids outside. In the midst of it all had labored up the stairs, the local milkman with his canister of milk. The maids intent on their warfare startled the cat, who fleeing for her life, got entangled in the doodhwala's legs. The crash that ensued was his milk can crashing to the floor, as gravity did its bit and the poor fellow fell too, can and all, to the ground.

I looked down to see my teen, on the floor where she had collapsed laughing, in between paroxyms, she exclaimed, " Look, what you did now, Ma!"

As for the cat, it was never seen in the vicinity of the building ever again.

1 comment:

  1. hilarious! avoid altercations with the maid the next time..!

    ReplyDelete